Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Peek Under The Cover......Of My Sketchbook






I have been working on several different projects. The first two sketches are for a series of paintings that I am working on to hopefully form a collection to be exhibited in a gallery show. The mermaid sketch is part of the long process of preliminary sketches for a huge painting called The Venus of Battleship Island. That painting is one of those things that you see in your head and you know your skill isn't there yet, but you want it to come out really bad, so you just have to hammer away at it, ya know? Hopefully by the end of the process I will have grown a lot as an artist.

2 comments:

  1. Waaa I love these paintings!! The mermaid is amazing :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the little monsters! And the mermaid is so good!!! I love the fins, and the webbed fingers are an awesome touch.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, BTW! :D Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete