Thursday, August 23, 2012

From The Craft Table

Sometimes you have to take a break from drawing all those details and make something fun and colorful. Inspired by by my love of street art and retro video games, I decided to make some Space Invader coasters. The fact that I had a giant bucket of Perler beads was a factor as well. I found the zen of placing each bead calming and meditative. I started with the intention of making a set of four but I ended up making five sets of four. Having all of these great little 8bit aliens in front of me made me muse about throwing a giant 8bit party. I should do that sometime. Anyway gaze upon my neon coasters, any ideas you have about making them for yourself and using them for pasting up purposes instead of home use are not my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment